Welcome to Teacher Space. Scroll down the right margin to discover hundreds of quality, teaching and learning links for mainstream and special education teachers.

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Teaching Life Skills - A Parent's Guide

Hi Everyone,
I just finished my final Individual learning Plan for the term. As I mentioned yesterday, I have lots of children in my class with 'life skills' as a priority learning goal. On our ILP document we have a section for parents where we let them know what they can do at home to help support their child's progress in reaching their learning goals.
This document by Casey Family Programs is a 57 page manual on how parents can teach their children life skills at home. It's a great document because it covers ages from primary to adult and all of the experiences are embedded in normal life scenarios.
I am definitely going to print out a copy when I get to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Universal Design for Learning

A is for Autism F is for Friend - Video