Friday, February 26, 2010
Childcare Land is a terrific site for Early Years teachers in mainstream and special education settings. The site contains an enormous range of free and cheap to purchase activities for early learners . Shelly has prepared a range of free teaching videos, demonstrating how to use the resources on her site and provided the opportunity to download beautifully prepared masters for the activities.
New activites are added to the site every month and you can sign up for the newsletter which will alert you to new resources.
If you want to protect your download limit you can also purchase all of her activities and templates in collections on CD for around USD $16.00 each.
I have been downloading resources from the site for my school for hours this morning. Take look for yourself by clicking on the picture.
Saturday, February 20, 2010
I have returned from visiting Tahirih Bushey at Autism Games. Tahirih is a speech and language pathologist who specialises in working with children with autism spectrum disorders. I visit her blog every time she posts because she is so inspiring. Tahirih's post for today was not about ASD. It included a link to a 22 minute video featuring Aimee Mullins, Olympic athlete and double amputee, speaking about re-defining the word 'disabled'. I will be showing the clip to everyone I know. I wonder if you will feel the same way once you have seen it. Be sure to drop in to visit Tahirih at Autism Games, to let her know what you thought of the video.
My thanks go out to to Jill from Wodonga West Primary School, for introducing me to the Sheppard Software website.
Children in Jill's classroom were having a marvelous time completing learning activities based on food chains when I dropped into their classroom for a visit on Friday. Click on the picture to check out the site for yourself.
Saturday, February 13, 2010
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
- A teacher information book which provides general information, key statistics and some very practical suggestions to create welcoming classrooms.
- A series of 15 curriculum Units providing practical and engaging classroom activities from Prep to Year 8.
- A CD -ROM containing all of the documents in the folder as PDF files.
- A DVD which showcases the perspectives and lived experiences of a school principal, a parent and students across a range of age groups.
- A train the trainer module, that provides teachers and schools with support regarding the practical application of the kit in their teaching and learning programs.
To download the full kit and preview the DVD, visit The office for Disability website. If you are a Victorian school teacher, ask where your kit has been stored and take the time to review it or better still, complete the training modules, which are fully PD accredited.