Welcome to Teacher Space. Scroll down the right margin to discover hundreds of quality, teaching and learning links for mainstream and special education teachers.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Multiple Sclerosis Online Information - National Multiple Sclerosis Society

Hi Everyone,

You learn something new every day. At risk of doing serious damage to my credibility as a special education teacher, I must admit that I was unaware that children and teens could have multiple sclerosis (MS). It is an autoimmune disease that I have aways associated with people over 20 and I have never had to deal with the issues around the impact of MS in my teaching practice.

The National Multiple Sclerosis Society has produced an excellent handbook to support the knowledge of school personnel. You can download a copy for your self by clicking here.
I would also encourage you to have a good look around their website which has some terrific online training materials in both written and video format.

I get excited about a discovery like the one I made today. Although my professional and personal life is as overcrowded and busy as any other teachers' , I am a great believer in being prepared. Lighthouse educational practice involves being ready to meet a need before it presents as an issue in the school or in your classroom.

Take some time to read through this 36 page document and browse through the website today.

It never ceases to amaze me, how often I have done that and then needed that information, to support a student, colleague or family, shortly afterward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Universal Design for Learning

A is for Autism F is for Friend - Video