Welcome to Teacher Space. Scroll down the right margin to discover hundreds of quality, teaching and learning links for mainstream and special education teachers.

Friday, April 22, 2011

Dys Respect - Dyslexia


My son started university this month.
He has battled with dysgraphia throughout his schooling.
The university he is attending ( RMIT Melbourne Campus) has been sensational in providing him with the supports and accommodations he needs to do well.
This month I am going to focus my professional reading on the 'dyses' - dyslexia and dysgraphia.
I found this great video about famous people with dyslexia, on the Pedia Staff website this morning.
I am going to use it as a conversation starter for professional development training sessions for teachers and to encourage the kids with dyslexia, that I work with.
You can follow my professional reading via Twitter @teachersspace, about a range of special education topics. Check out the Twitter embed in the right margin to see what I have been reading about lately : - )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Universal Design for Learning

A is for Autism F is for Friend - Video